Sign up now for the next session of iEARN Learning Circles
iEARN Global Learning Circles will be offering some exciting, new middle and high school projects for the January to May 2014 session. These include:
- Money Matters: A comparative international exploration about the role, value, significance, and history of money in each participating country. Through creative writing, art, and project work, students will collaboratively investigate how money affects our lives.
- My City and City: A social, cultural and environmental project that encourages students to explore what they can do to improve their life in the place they live, so they can be active members of their communities.
- My Hero Multimedia: An advanced level multimedia project for teachers and students who are interested in putting the principles of the My Hero project into action. Students and teachers will explore the use of the My Hero multi-media page. Several training sessions about making a short film will be offered.
- Global Issues: Environment: Allows students to discuss a broad range of environmental social, political, and economic issues with concern and affect the Earth's entire population.
- Global Issues: Education: Encourages students to investigate education as a fundamental human right as well as the broad range of issues regarding education throughout the world.
The traditional project themes of Computer Chronicles, Places and Perspectives, Mindworks, and My Hero will also be offered for all age levels (elementary, middle, and high school). The upcoming session begins January 30, 2014, and ends on May 25, 2014 (15 weeks with a 1-week break in April). Learning Circle Placement forms are due January 29, 2014.
In order to participate in Learning Circles each teacher needs to fill out a special online Learning Circles placement form by January 22nd (must first be registered in iEARN). iEARN Global Learning Circles are highly interactive, project-based partnerships among a small number of schools located throughout the world.
All iEARN members are invited to register to participate.