Fatima Martin (Principal) and Zeenat Munir (Head of Primary School), United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Participating in the iEARN conference [Kaohsiung,Taiwan, in July 2011] itself was a delightful experience. With 500 educators from about 62 countries, there was so much passion in the air about ‘EDUCATION’.
Curriculum review at our school happens every year during the months of April and May.
The mainstay of our school’s curriculum this year is ‘using the tools required for 21st century learning’.
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Communication and Collaboration
- Information, Media and Technology Skills
- Life and Career Skills
iEARN provides an ideal platform for us to catalyse this process.
The iEARN projects that we’ll embark on include:
- Eradication of Malaria
- Race Against Hunger
- Folk Tales
- Connecting Math to Our Lives
- Holiday Card Exchange
These projects have already been planned and built into our curriculum.
- Mrs. Fatima Martin and Mrs. Zeenat Munir, United Arab Emirates (UAE)